The mission of New Beginning Center is to foster an environment of safety, support and respect for families affected by domestic violence. We do so through crisis intervention, counseling, shelter, education, advocacy, and diverse community partnerships. The vision of New Beginning Center is to promote social change that will lead to the elimination of domestic violence. Toward fulfilling its mission and vision, New Beginning Center holds the following values:
- Safety of victims is the first priority.
- Children are also victims of domestic violence, and must have a voice.
- Domestic violence is everyone’s business. All people can play an active role in its elimination.
- Abuse in a relationship is a choice.
- Abusers must be held accountable for their actions.
- Domestic violence is about power and control, not about anger or losing control.
- Everyone affected by domestic violence must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Valuing diversity is critical to providing quality programs.
- New Beginning Center will always uphold the highest ethical and legal standards