New Beginning Center’s Battering Intervention and Prevention Program is a program of help and change based on accountability. There are many individuals who have battered those who love them the most, but there are only a few that have the courage to admit they have a problem and take responsibility for choosing non-violence in the future.
Serving Garland, Richardson, Dallas, Rowlett, Sachse, Wylie,Rockwall, Hunt County and Kaufman County
Many of those who have completed the New Beginning Center Battering Intervention and Prevention Program have made the following comments:
- Others who have completed the program say they have learned how to choose to use non-abusive behavior in all of their relationships.
- Most believe that the program has helped them to become better parents, partners, community members and co-workers.
How the Program Works
The New Beginning Center Battering Intervention and Prevention Program meets the Texas State Guidelines of BIPP Programs and has been approved by the Texas Council on Family Violence within the following framework:
- Orientation: $30.00 – Two-hour informational meeting, held from 12:30pm until 2:30pm. on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
- Intake Session: $20.00 – One two-hour session
- Group sessions: $30.00/class – 24 sessions (one group per week)
- Exit session: No charge – One hour session
- Financial assistance is available for eligible participants through the Dallas County DA’s office.
- Payment may be made via cash or money order only
- After the first intake session, there will be no additional fees for individual sessions.
- Garland – 925 State Street (NE corner of State & Tenth Street, downtown Garland)
- Map >>>
- Men’s English-speaking
- Men’s Spanish-speaking
- Women’s English-speaking
- Monday 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. (Women)
- Monday 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Cadiz St. Parole Group)
- Tuesday 6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. (Men)
- Wednesday 10:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. (Men)
- Wednesday 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Men Spanish)
- Wednesday 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Cadiz St. Parole Group)
- Wednesday 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Rockwall Men)
- Thursday 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Men)
- Saturday 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. (Men)
For more information or an appointment, please call (972) 276-0423 or e-mail BIPP@newbeginningcenter.org.