New Beginning Center’s Battering Intervention and Prevention Program is a program of help and change based on accountability. There are many individuals who have battered those who love them the most, but there are only a few that have the courage to admit they have a problem and take responsibility for choosing non-violence in the future. We serve Garland, Richardson, Dallas, Rowlett, Sachse, Wylie, Rockwall, Hunt County and Kaufman County. Many of those who have completed the New Beginning Center Battering Intervention and Prevention Program have made the following comments:
- Others who have completed the program say they have learned how to choose to use non-abusive behavior in all of their relationships.
- Most believe that the program has helped them to become better parents, partners, community members and co-workers.
How the Program Works
The New Beginning Center Battering Intervention and Prevention Program meets the Texas State Guidelines of BIPP Programs and has been approved by the Texas Council on Family Violence within the following framework:
- Intake Session: $20.00 – One two-hour session
- Orientation: $30.00 – One two-hour informational meeting starting at 12:30 PM on either the 2nd or 4th Tuesday of each month
- Group sessions: $30.00/meeting – 24 week program, one meeting per week. Must complete an Intake and Orientation before participating in group sessions.
- Exit session: No charge – One hour session
- Financial assistance is available for eligible participants through the Dallas County DA’s office.
- Payment may be made via cash or money order only
- After the first intake session, there will be no additional fees for individual sessions.
- Garland – 925 W State Street (NE corner of State & Tenth Street, downtown Garland) Map >>>
- Dallas – Cadiz Building – 1010 Cadiz St., Dallas 75215 (Parole Groups Only) Map >>>
- Men’s English-speaking
- Men’s Spanish-speaking
- Women’s English-speaking
- Monday 6:30 PM-8:00 PM (Women)
- Monday 7:00 PM-8:30 PM (Men Spanish)
- Tuesday 5:30 PM-7:00 PM (Men)
- Wednesday 10:00 AM- 11:30 AM (Men)
- Wednesday 6:30 PM-8:00 PM (Men)
- Thursday 6:30 PM-8:00 PM (Men)
- Saturday 9:00 AM-10:30 AM (Men)
- Saturday 10:00 AM-11:30 AM (Men)
Group Times (Parole)
- Monday 5:30 PM-7:00 PM (Cadiz St. Parole Group)
- Tuesday 10:00 AM-11:30 AM (Cadiz St. Parole Group)
- Wednesday 5:45 PM-7:15 PM (Cadiz St. Parole Group)
Other Programs offered through the BIPP Department at New Beginning Center:
TEEN Program: “Transitions: Moving from Boys to Men”
For teens ages 14 – 17
- Wednesdays 4:00 PM New Beginning Center Teen Services
For more information on any BIP Program or to set up an appointment, please call (972) 276-0423 or e-mail BIPP@newbeginningcenter.org.